I look forward to partnering with you as parents to ensure that your children have enjoyable, competitive, and uplifting seasons next year. Please see below for more information regarding athletics.
All 6th – 12th grade students are permitted and encouraged to try out for a team. With this in mind, I want to advise you of important upcoming dates and requirements for our athletes planning on playing a sport the 2015-2016 school year.
Requirements: All forms can be found on our webpage at https://cca.ccphilly.org/athletics/sports-forms/:
We must receive three items in order for your son or daughter to try-out / begin practice with the team:
1- PIAA Physical Form (pages 1-6) – Pages 1-5 are filled out and signed by a parent and student. Page 6 must be filled out by a physician after June 1, 2015. Any physical performed before 6/1/2015 or completed on a form other than the PIAA form will NOT be accepted. This form is valid for the entire school year.
If you are having trouble getting a physical due to insurance restrictions we have found that Minute Clinics in CVS Pharmacies will do a sports physical for a smaller fee than most doctors’ offices. We strongly suggest that all athletes (fall, winter, and spring) have their physicals done over the summer, as they are valid from June to June. By having the physicals done in advance, it will prevent any delay in an athlete playing a sport.
2- Registration Form/Commitment Contract – Completed and signed by parent and student.
3- Athletic Fee – $175 Check ($200 for football and the fall/winter dual cheerleading season)
Other Forms and Information
• Dual-Sport Participation Form: Only needed for athletes who are planning on playing more than one sport in a season (including township and travel teams)
• Academic Eligibility: If an athlete has failed a core subject (English, Math, History, Science) for the year or for the 4th quarter and does not make up the class in summer school, he will be held off of the team for three weeks beginning the first day of school, September 4th.
• Sports Handbook: Please familiarize yourself with our other expectations and policies before the beginning of the year by reading our Athletic Handbook.
Summer Workouts/ Coach Contacts: Some sports will be having summer workouts and/or summer packets for upcoming 9th-12th graders for the following sports. Please email the respective head coaches for a schedule and more information.
• Cheerleading: Coach Richardson – email@example.com
• Cross-Country (open to any athlete for conditioning): Coach Thomson – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Football: Coach Reichenbach – email@example.com
• Boys Soccer: Coach Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Girls Soccer: Coach Artman – email@example.com
• Girls Tennis: Coach Wilson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates: Even though the school year has not begun, Varsity preseason practice is mandatory and all Varsity athletes are required to be in attendance. A student’s absence from these preseason practices may result in his/her inability to make the team or hinder his/her participation/ play time due to the lack of coach’s evaluation. With this in mind, please refrain from planning vacations or making other plans that would inhibit your athlete’s attendance during these weeks. (Also see attached calendar)
• Monday, August 3rd – All Paperwork (Physical, Registration Form, Athletic Fee) are due to CCA.
• Monday, August 17th – First Day of all Varsity Practices.
• Monday, August 17th – Mandatory Concussion Seminar and Screening for all Varsity Athletes.
• Monday, August 24th – First Day of Pre-Season Practice for Middle School Football
o MS Football: Monday – Thursday (off Fridays), 3:00 – 5:00
o Transportation will be provided from Calvary to practice fields after testing is completed.
• Monday, August 24th – First Day of Pre-Season Practice for Middle School Sports – Mandatory Concussion Screen at 1pm in the CPAC
o Somerton Youth Organization (MS and V Soccer): 1400 Southampton Rd., Philadelphia, PA 19116
o Dolphin Club (V Girls Tennis): 260 West Bristol Rd., Feasterville, PA 19053 (If using a GPS – use 300 West Bristol Rd.)
o Playwicki Farm (V Cross-Country): 408 Pennsylvania 213, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you.
https://cca.ccphilly.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/golf-outing.jpg362630athleticshttps://cca.ccphilly.org/wp-content/uploads/CCA-logo3.pngathletics2015-07-17 14:07:172015-10-27 15:44:05Important PreSeason Dates and Information