Junior High Bible
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”
Junior High School Bible is taught by members of Calvary Chapel’s pastoral staff, who primarily serve with CrossWalk junior high ministry. Bible teachers instruct in a verse by verse fashion making sure to cover Biblical principles, historical context, and personal application.
Bible class is scheduled 3 days a week and also includes a chapel every other Friday morning.
7th Grade curriculum covers the book of Joshua and/or the book of Matthew. 8th grade curriculum covers 1 & 2 Thessalonians.
Primary Objectives of Junior High Bible:
- Teaching. We teach the Word of God so that our students would learn to hear and hold to a Biblical model of sound doctrine.
- Encouragement. We intentionally organize Bible so that it does not become an academic subject such as history or geography, but remains easy for the students to enter and participate in without the added pressure of constant tests, quizzes, and homework.
- Participation. We want the students to feel free to converse, questions, and talk about the Biblical truths being taught.
- Relationship. We understand our time with the students in junior high Bible is only for two years but the body of Christ is eternal. We desire to build godly relationships with the students so that in the coming years we may encourage them in the Lord, or when appropriate, to return to the Lord.
- Mission. The goal for each student in Junior High Bible is that he/she:
- Learn Jesus – Desire Him
- Love Jesus – Devoted to Him
- Live for Jesus – Delight to do His will