Calvary has a full extra curricular program available to students. This program includes after school clubs in the elementary and a full interscholastic sports program in the Junior and Senior high. The sports program is a part of the PIAA Bicentennial League, and includes approximately a dozen varsity level interscholastic sports teams including track and field, football and many other opportunities.
If you need to contact a coach, you may call the Athletic Office at 215-969-2404 ext. 260 or e-mail our Athletic Director Shawn Bramble.
Mark Your Calendars!
17th Annual CCA Golf Outing- Tuesday, June 13th Golf Outing Registration and Brochure
Calvary Christian Academy Sports Teams by Season I Click Here
Boys Varsity Soccer
Boys MS Soccer
Girls Varsity Soccer
Girls MS Soccer
Co-Ed Cross Country
Girls Varsity Tennis
Boys MS Basketball
Girls MS Basketball
Boys JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls Varsity Cheerleading
Co-Ed Varsity Track
Boys Varsity Baseball
Boys MS Baseball
Girls Varsity Softball
Girls MS Softball
Please Register yourself at http://ccacougarathletics.org/ for real time e-mail notifications of any schedule changes. You can also view your team’s schedule by day, week, month, or season.
2017-2018 Fall Sports Memo (Winter and Spring Start Dates are also included)
All 6th-12th grade students are permitted and encouraged to try out for a team. With this is mind; below is a list of important upcoming dates and requirements for any athlete planning on trying out for a Fall Sport in the 2017-2018 school year. Please keep in mind that starting dates are tentative and could change (field/court conditions, weather, etc.).
Fall Sports Offered:
Middle School Level (6th -8th Grade) – Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer
JV/Varsity Level (9th-12th Grade) – Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Co-Ed Cross Country, Girls Tennis, Girls Cheerleading
Requirements: All forms can be found at http://cca.ccphilly.org/athletics/sports-forms/. We must receive the following items prior to your son or daughter trying out for a team:
- PIAA Physical (Sections 1-6). Sections 1-5 need to be filled by a parent/guardian along with your athlete’s signature. Section 6 must be filled out, dated, and signed by a licensed physician on/after June 1st, 2017. Physicals that are not completed and dated on or after this date will not be accepted. In addition, any physical that is filled out on a non-PIAA form will not be accepted by the Athletic Office.
- If you are having trouble obtaining a physical due to insurance restrictions, we have found that Minute Clinics (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc) will complete PIAA physicals for athletes for a fee. Urgent Care Centers can also provide physicals for a fee. This would be a good option if you are not able to schedule a physical with your athlete’s doctor in the time frame needed.
- There is also another opportunity to get the PIAA Physical completed: Dr. Paul Caracappa (Wrightstown Family Medicine) is coming to CCA’s Athletic Office on Tuesday, June 6th to complete physicals for athletes for $20 (cash only). Athletes who are interested need to sign up for a physical at the Athletic Office- spots are limited and the schedule will be on a first come, first served basis.
- We strongly suggest that all athletes (fall, winter, spring) have their physicals completed over the summer. This will prevent any possible delays with Doctor’s appointment scheduling or any unforeseen issues that may arise.
- Registration Form
- Commitment Contract
- Athletic Fee- $175 ($200 for Cheer). Please make checks payable to CCA. Credit cards are not accepted.
Summer Workouts/Coach Contacts: A few of our Fall Sports teams will be having summer workouts and/or summer packets for upcoming 9th-12th graders. Please email the respective head coaches for a schedule and more information.
Varsity Cross Country: (open to any athlete for conditioning): Coach Mike Thomson- Thomson.firstname.lastname@example.org
JV/Varsity Boys Soccer: Coach Rod Smith: email@example.com
Varsity Girls Soccer: Coach Tina Griffiths: firstname.lastname@example.org
Varsity Girls Tennis: Coach Kathy Wilson: email@example.com
Varsity Cheerleading: Coach Sherry Richardson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Fall Dates: Though the 2017-2018 School Year does not begin until Wednesday, September 6th, JV and Varsity preseason tryouts/practices are mandatory and all athletes who are trying out are expected to be in attendance. An athlete’s absence from these preseason tryouts/practices may result in his/her inability to make the team or hinder his/her participation due to the lack of coach’s evaluation and commitment. With this in mind, please plan accordingly in regards to planning vacations or making other plans that would affect your athlete’s attendance during these weeks.
Friday, August 4th– All paperwork is due to the Athletic Office for Middle School, JV, and Varsity Fall Athletes.
Monday, August 14th– First day of JV/Varsity tryouts (JV/Varsity Boys Soccer, Varsity Co-Ed Cross Country, Varsity Girls Soccer, Varsity Girls Tennis, and Varsity Girls Cheerleading).
Tuesday, August 15th – Mandatory Concussion Seminar and Impact Testing for all JV/Varsity Fall Athletes (1:00PM-3:00PM @ CCA’s CPAC). Athletes will not be permitted to tryout if they have not completed the Impact Testing and attended the Seminar.
Monday, August 21st– Mandatory Concussion Seminar and Impact Testing for all Middle School Fall Athletes (1:00PM-3:00PM @ CCA’s CPAC). Athletes will not be permitted to tryout if they have not completed the Impact Testing and attended the Seminar.
Wednesday, September 6th (First Day of School)- First day of tryouts for Middle School Boys and Girls Soccer.
2017-2018 Winter Sports Deadlines and Tentative Start Dates
(Middle School Basketball, JV and Varsity Basketball)
Friday, October 20th- All paperwork due for Middle School Girls Basketball.
Monday, October 30th– Friday, November 3rd– Middle School Girls Basketball Tryouts.
Monday, November 6th–Mandatory Concussion Seminar/Impact Testing for all Winter Sport Athletes (Middle School, JV, and Varsity).
Monday, November 13th– All paperwork due for JV/Varsity Basketball.
Friday, November 17th: First Day of JV/Varsity Basketball tryouts.
Friday, December 15th– All paperwork due for Middle School Boys Basketball.
Wednesday, January 3rd-Friday, January 5th– Middle School Boys Basketball tryouts.
2018 Spring Sports Deadlines and Tentative Start Dates
(Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball, Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, Varsity Track)
Monday, February 19th: All paperwork due for Middle School, JV, and Varsity Sports.
Monday, February 26th: Mandatory Concussion Seminar/Impact Testing for all Spring Sports
Athletes (Middle School, JV, and Varsity).
Monday, March 5th– First Day of Tryouts for JV/Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, and Varsity Track.
Monday, March 19th–First day of Tryouts for Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball.