Calvary has a full extra curricular program available to students. This program includes after school clubs in the elementary and a full interscholastic sports program in the Junior and Senior high. The sports program is a part of the PIAA Bicentennial League, and includes approximately a dozen varsity level interscholastic sports teams.
If you need to contact a coach, you may call the Athletic Office at 215-969-2404 ext. 260 or e-mail our Athletic Director Shawn Bramble.
Daily Sports Information
For up to date sports information, please check our sports scheduling website at http://ccacougarathletics.org/. If you are not currently receiving the “Sports for the Day/Week” emails from the Athletic Office and would like to stay informed, please email email@example.com.
Calvary Christian Academy Sports Teams by Season I Click Here
Boys Varsity Soccer
Boys MS Soccer
Girls Varsity Soccer
Girls MS Soccer
Co-Ed Cross Country
Girls Varsity Tennis
Girls Varsity Cheerleading
Boys MS Basketball
Girls MS Basketball
Boys JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls Varsity Cheerleading
Co-Ed Varsity Track
Boys Varsity Baseball
Boys MS Baseball
Girls Varsity Softball
Girls MS Softball
Winter Sports Information
- Middle School Girls Basketball
- Middle School Boys Basketball
- JV/Varsity Boys and Girls Basketball
- Varsity Girls Cheerleading (continuation of Fall Season)
Basketball Start Dates
- Monday, October 27th – Middle School Girls Basketball (Season runs from 10/27-approx. 12/20)
- Monday, November 13th: Mandatory Winter Sports Concussion Seminar/Impact Test: 3;30PM-5:00PM @ CCA’s CPAC
- Friday, November 17th – JV & Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball (Season runs from 11/17- approx. 3/3)
- Monday, January 2nd– Middle School Boys Basketball (Season runs from 1/3-approx. 2/23)
Middle School Girls Basketball
Middle School Girls Basketball tryouts begin Monday, October 27th. Those trying out for basketball in 6th-8th grade must hand in all paperwork (see below) and their Athletic Fee to the Athletic Office by Friday, October 20th.
JV/Varsity Boys and Girls Basketball/Middle School Boys Basketball
Those who are interested in trying out for Boys Middle School Basketball or JV and Varsity Boys and Girls Basketball must have hand in all paperwork (see below) and their Athletic Fee to the Athletic Office by Friday, November 3rd.
If a student is already playing a fall sport this school year their physical is already on file in the Athletic Office, but we still do need the Registration Form, Commitment Contract, and Re-Certification Form (section 7 of the PIAA Physical) filled out by a parent/guardian along with the Athletic Fee. A doctor does not need to fill out the Re-Certification form unless something has changed between the initial physical (section 6) such as a concussion, broken bone, etc. Students without complete paperwork and fees handed in by the due date will not be able to tryout.
Items needed to Tryout for Basketball:
(All forms can be found at http://cca.ccphilly.org/athletics/sports-forms/)
- Registration Form
- Commitment Contract
- PIAA Physical (sections 1-6)
- PIAA Physical must be signed and dated by an Authorized Medical Examiner on or after June 1st, 2017
- If you are having trouble obtaining a physical due to insurance restrictions, we have found that Minute Clinics (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc) will complete PIAA physicals for athletes for a fee. Urgent Care Centers can also provide physicals for a fee. This would be a good option if you are not able to schedule a physical with your athlete’s doctor in the time frame needed.
- PIAA Re-Certification (sections 7-8) *only applies to athletes currently playing a fall a sport
- Athletic Fee ($175). Please make checks payable to CCA.
2018 Spring Sports Deadlines and Tentative Start Dates
(Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball, Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, Varsity Track)
Monday, February 19th: All paperwork due for Middle School, JV, and Varsity Sports.
Monday, February 26th: Mandatory Concussion Seminar/Impact Testing for all Spring Sports
Athletes (Middle School, JV, and Varsity).
Monday, March 5th– First Day of Tryouts for JV/Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, and Varsity Track.
Monday, March 19th–First day of Tryouts for Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball.