Calvary has a full extra curricular program available to students. This program includes after school clubs in the elementary and a full interscholastic sports program in the Junior and Senior high. The sports program is a part of the PIAA Bicentennial League, and includes approximately a dozen varsity level interscholastic sports teams.
If you need to contact a coach, you may call the Athletic Office at 215-969-2404 ext. 260 or e-mail our Athletic Director Shawn Bramble.
For up to date sports information, please check our sports scheduling website at http://ccacougarathletics.org/. If you are not currently receiving the “Sports for the Day/Week” emails from the Athletic Office and would like to stay informed, please email email@example.com.
Calvary Christian Academy Sports Teams by Season I Click Here
Boys Varsity Soccer
Boys MS Soccer
Girls Varsity Soccer
Girls MS Soccer
Co-Ed Cross Country
Girls Varsity Tennis
Girls Varsity Cheerleading
Boys MS Basketball
Girls MS Basketball
Boys JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls JV and Varsity Basketball
Girls Varsity Cheerleading
Co-Ed Varsity Track
Boys Varsity Baseball
Boys MS Baseball
Girls Varsity Softball
Girls MS Softball
All 6th-12th grade students are permitted and encouraged to try out for a team. Please read below for a list of important upcoming dates and requirements for any athlete planning on trying out for a Fall Sport in the 2018-2019 school year. Please keep in mind that starting dates are tentative and may change (field/court conditions, weather, etc.).
2018 Fall Sports Deadlines and Information
Middle School Level (6th-8th Grade) – Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer
Junior Varsity/Varsity Level (9th-12th Grade) – Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, Co-Ed Cross Country, Girls Tennis, Girls Cheerleading
Requirements: All forms can be found at http://cca.ccphilly.org/athletics/sports-forms/. We must receive the following items by Friday, August 3rd in order for your son or daughter to try out for a team.
- PIAA Physical (Sections 1-6). Sections 1-5 need to be filled by a parent/guardian along with your athlete’s signature. Section 6 must be filled out, dated, and signed by a licensed physician on/after June 1st, 2018. Physicals that are not completed and dated on or after this date will not be accepted. In addition, any physical that is filled out on a non-PIAA form will not be accepted by the Athletic Office (ex. Dept. of Health Form).
- If you are having trouble obtaining a physical due to insurance restrictions, we have found that Minute Clinics (CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc) will complete PIAA physicals for athletes for a fee. Urgent Care Centers can also provide physicals for a fee. This would be a recommended option if you are not able to schedule a physical with your athlete’s doctor in the time frame needed.
- We strongly suggest that all athletes (fall, winter, spring) have their physicals completed over the summer. This will prevent any possible delays with appointment scheduling or any unforeseen issues that may arise.
- Registration Form
- Commitment Contract
- Athletic Fee- $175 ($200 for Cheer). Please make checks payable to CCA. Credit cards are not accepted.
Important Fall Dates
Though the 2018-2019 School Year does not begin until Wednesday, September 5th, Junior Varsity and Varsity preseason tryouts/practices are mandatory. Preseason tryouts/practices take place every day, Monday through Friday (start date is below). All athletes who are trying out are expected to be in attendance every day. An athlete’s absence from these preseason tryouts/practices may result in his/her inability to make the team or hinder his/her participation due to the lack of coach’s evaluation and commitment. With this in mind, please plan accordingly in regards to planning vacations or making other plans that would affect your athlete’s attendance during these weeks.
Friday, August 3rd – All paperwork is due to the Athletic Office for Middle School, JV, and Varsity Fall Athletes.
Monday, August 13th– First day of JV/Varsity tryouts (JV/Varsity Boys Soccer, Varsity Co-Ed Cross Country, Varsity Girls Soccer, Varsity Girls Tennis, and Varsity Girls Cheerleading).
Monday, August 13th – Mandatory Concussion Seminar and Impact Testing for all JV/Varsity Fall Athletes (1:00PM-3:00PM @ CCA’s CPAC). Athletes will not be permitted to continue to tryout if they have not completed the Impact Testing and attended the Seminar.
Monday, August 20th – Mandatory Concussion Seminar and Impact Testing for all Middle School Fall Athletes (1:00PM-3:00PM @ CCA’s CPAC). Athletes will not be permitted to tryout if they have not completed the Impact Testing and attended the Seminar.
Wednesday, September 5th (First Day of School)- First day of tryouts for Middle School Boys and Girls Soccer.
Times and Locations -First Week of Tryouts for JV/Varsity Soccer, Varsity Tennis, Varsity Cross Country, and Varsity Cheerleading: Monday, August 13th– Friday, August 17th (please note that times listed are tentative and may change):
- Somerton Youth Organization (Middle School, JV and Varsity Soccer): 1400 Southampton Rd., Philadelphia, PA 19116
- Dolphin Club (Varsity Girls Tennis): 260 West Bristol Rd., Feasterville, PA 19053
- Playwicki Farm (V Cross Country): 2350 Bridgetown Pike, Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
- Pennypack Trail, Byberry Road Entrance (V Cross Country): 1750 Byberry Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
- Calvary HS Gym (Varsity Cheerleading): Calvary Christian Academy (13500 Philmont Avenue, Philadelphia PA)
Preseason Tryout/Practice Times
- Varsity Boys Soccer: 9:00AM-12:00PM @ Somerton Youth Organization
- Varsity Girls Soccer: 9:00AM-12:00PM @ Somerton Youth Organization
- Varsity Tennis: 4:00PM-6:00PM @ Dolphin Club
- Varsity Cross Country: 6:00PM-7:30PM @ Playwicki Farm (location on Tuesday and Thursday may change to Pennypack Trail -Byberry Road Entrance)
- Varsity Cheerleading 9:00AM- 12:00PM @ Calvary Christian Academy
2018-2019 Winter Sports Deadlines and Tentative Start Dates
(Middle School Basketball, JV and Varsity Basketball)
Friday, October 19th– All paperwork due for Middle School Girls Basketball
Monday, October 29th– Friday, November 2nd – Middle School Girls Basketball Tryouts
Monday, November 5th–Mandatory Concussion Seminar/Impact Testing for all Winter Sport Athletes (Middle School, JV, and Varsity)
Monday, November 12th– All paperwork due for JV/Varsity Basketball
Friday, November 16th: First Day of JV/Varsity Basketball tryouts
Friday, December 6tth– All paperwork due for Middle School Boys Basketball
Wednesday, January 2nd -Friday, January 4th – Middle School Boys Basketball tryouts
2019 Spring Sports Deadlines and Tentative Start Dates
(Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball, Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, Varsity Track)
Monday, February 15th: All paperwork due for Middle School, JV, and Varsity Sports
Monday, February 25th: Mandatory Concussion Seminar/Impact Testing for all Spring Sports
Athletes (Middle School, JV, and Varsity)
Monday, March 4th – First Day of Tryouts for JV/Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, and Varsity Track
Monday, March 18th–First day of Tryouts for Middle School Baseball, Middle School Softball